Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Back to the Gym

Harmony invited me to her full-moon drumming circle the other night. At first I told her I couldn't make it. She sounded so disappointed because I haven't dropped by for months. But I KNEW there was SOMETHING I was supposed to be doing Monday night. For the life of me I couldn't remember what.

And then I remembered that Monday was the evening I had resolved to start going going back to the gym. So I called Harmony back. "See you at seven o'clock. Happy to come!"

Yes, any old excuse to get out of hard work, right?

But alas, there were no lunar events to put off my resolutions last night.

We went to the community centre, cringily renewed our memberships (we are no longer students so the price feels nasty), and spent an hour sweating to the local radio station on the various machines.

I have to say that once I'm there I enjoy it. I like the feeling that I'm getting stronger and fitter. And possibly cuter. :)

It's just getting motivated to get there. Wish me luck.

I WAS BUFF ONCE! IT SHALL BE AGAIN!!

*Spider Girl stands on a dramatic cliff-top,arms thrown wide, hair blowing back in the breeze as she makes this momentous announcement in front of friends who read this blog and various sundry stangers*

10 comments:

dorkybutcute said...

ahhh you'd better watch that! before you know it you'll be forgetting stuff left and right just like me!

Pol* said...

lovely plan, I need a plan like that!

Rell said...

good luck, getting buff is hard and takes a lot of commitment.

but you seem like the type who can do it! -)

Tai said...

Linda Hamilton Linda Hamilton Linda Hamilton!

Unknown said...

Greetings from New Zealand ;)
Well done, interesting blog! - keep up the good work.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

wait a second.... did Sarah Connor REEEEEEALLLLY just encourage you? THE Sarah Connor? The TERMINATOR Sarah Connor on whom you have based previous exercise regimes?

Oh wait, there's a picture. It's just a happy coincidence.

GO GO GO GO!

Tai said...

And what an alarming coincidence that just prior to Sarah Connor posting, is MY post...an ode to Linda Hamilton.


hmmmmmmmmm

Sarah...is that really YOU!!??!!

Spider Girl said...

Ah yes, the Terminator 2 exercise regime! Now, that's a good one. :)

It's funny because a kid at the daycare cut a picture out of a magazine at home and brought it to me at work, and said, "Look, I found a picture of you".

It was of Linda Hamilton. :)

She was in a black business suit and wearing pearls though. Heh.

Miss B said...

now there's a body to aspire to have, Linda Hamilton's in T2...haha...
I decided this would be my year to really get healthy/confident...So I bought a membership at my local gym. I haven't been in two weeks, and my continuing obsession with hamburgers really isn't helping the situation. Eek...if it wasn't nearly 4:30am, I'd definitely go to the gym this instant..ahh well, there's always tomorrow :)
Good luck!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Good Luck!!! I find once you get started it's great.. it's the getting started that kills me (probably be easier if I didn't have a 15 month old screaming at me every time I try to use the treadmill.. yeah.. that's my excuse LOL)