Friday, October 21, 2005

Attack of the Plastic Zebra




I have a little round bruise in the middle of my forehead today, the aftermath of an unexpected zebra attack.

The zebras I saw in Africa were like comical roly-poly horses, snuffling up the grass noisily, or kicking up their heels and braying like hyperventilating donkeys. Their pudgy striped selves exude no menace.

I only met gentle pleasant zebras in the wilds of Kenya. But the ones here at home are apparently far more dangerous.

Specifically it's the big plastic species of toy zebra wielded in the hands of careless three-year-olds that are the ones you need to watch out for. I saw stars, I tell ya. Who knew you'd require danger pay to work in a preschool?

3 comments:

Kazzy said...

Who knew? Always when you least expect it - whammo. Stuff like that always happens to me, little injuries from the mundane things in life, not when you expect it to happen because you are doing something silly..

blackcrag said...

Spider, you are dealing with the original natural disaters on a daily basis.... kids! Why do you think hurricanes are given names? They are all named after someone's three-year old kid, or nieceo or nephew.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I have to tell you.. those Zebra butts are just hillarious!!!

TFS