Monday, August 01, 2005

Goodbye to the Headhunter's Woolies of Spirit

WARNING: This blog entry is really only for those who have found themselves caught up in the enjoyment of a good online computer game. I know there are friends of mine who will never understand how fun these things can be. But that's okay because I know my dear Mokomarana and Bhuthina will understand. :)

I play World of Warcraft and although I'm quite a casual gamer I have recently attained the sought-after goal of attaining level 40. Now why is level 40 so nice you may ask? Well, that's the level you can buy a mount. A horse. Or in the case of my troll character, Zalli, a blue raptor. What troll girl woudn't love to have a little dinosaur pony to jaunt around on, eh?

They're very, very expensive though, are ponies. As any wishful twelve-year-old girl can tell you. And so Zalli worked very hard killing monsters and looting treasure and generally avoiding getting herself killed by those nefarious night elves who like to lurk behind trees and rocks and jump out at you most inconveniently.

So Zalli and I are just so happy to be able to zoom around now and leave those noob peons behind in the dust.

But now that I'm level forty I have to make some new and serious armour choices. Now I can wear mail instead of just leather, but where does that leave my lucky purple pants, my glorious Headhunter's Woolies of Spirit (isn't that a great name for a pair of trollish pants?). Well, sadly, I has to leave them behind and buy something newer and better in the Auction House of Orgrimmar. New mace. New belt. New cloak.

It's a new look for my troll chickie. Even her pink mohawk is efficiently tucked away under a better helmet. Let's just see those Alliance weenies mess with this Horde shammy now!

So...was that all incomprehensible to most of you? Sorry, but I'm having a lot of fun. And it's better than whatever's on television I'm sure. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on getting your dino-pony! Woo hoo! We're gonna tear up the Barrens, baby! Those nasty Night Elves better stay home now, if they know what's good for 'em! :)

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on getting your dino-pony! Woo hoo! We're gonna tear up the Barrens, baby! Those nasty Night Elves better stay home now, if they know what's good for 'em! :)

Anonymous said...

didn't mean to leave two identical posts, but darn, it's hard to type with huge Tauren hooves....