Thursday, August 18, 2005

An Early Birthday Present

I have a new toy! And I'm so pleased with it!

Yesterday Jeff bought me a new digital camera to take on our trip, but decided I should get it before my actual birthday so that I'd have time to practice with it. It's a Fujifilm FinePix A345, with 4.1 megapixels.

There are three reasons I like it better: it's about half the bulk of my other camera and now slips easily into my little purse, it has more megapixels (which is nice when you want to enlarge photos), and it has a "sports" option so that you can take pictures of objects in motion without the blur factor. (This last feature actually is what endeared me to it. I've taken way too many shots in the past of children running or belly-dancers shimmying that have turned out hopelessly blurred.)

Actually, I like it for another reason too. It's very similar indeed in all other ways to my other camera. The buttons and settings are so similar that within five minutes I felt quite comfortable with it. If it wasn't so familiar I don't think I'd be comfortable taking it travelling so soon.

Lovely present, my love! :)

Well, tomorrow is my birthday.....eeeeeeeek! I shall be thirty-three upon tomorrow's morn. Heh, I USED to think that was old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Awesome loot! Woo hoo!

Tai said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Can't wait to see your OLD self on Wednesday!

Pol* said...

Welcome to the 33 club! I've been there since March (as you know) and well, it's not too different from 32 really so far.... It's 35 I'm nervous about! Over the hump towards 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!