Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Blog Can be a Dream Diary, Sure, Why Not?

I wasn't really planning on including dreams in this blog, but now that I've done it a few times it seems like the thing to do.

I used to keep a written dream journal, but I haven't lately.

In the first dream last night, Jeff was riding a big black bull around the house my grandmother used to live in. He soon got bucked off and we watched the bull rampage around, goring furniture and tossing the Christmas tree into the air. Jeff was impressed and said, grinning, "And just IMAGINE what he'd do in a china shop!"

In the second dream somebody had a pet giraffe and asked me if I'd like to pet it. Oh, I was so happy petting this giraffe! It was so smooth and warm, and smelled nice in a horsy way. I rubbed my cheek against its side. (Hmmm, in retrospect, a giraffe is probably too tall to actually do this.)It was very friendly and kept bending its neck down to bump me gently with its head. It ended up bumping me right underneath its body, between its front legs. There I was, standing under a giraffe, feeling both happiness at the uniqueness of my position and a little nervous that I was so close to a creature so large.

I have to say that of all the animals I'd like to see in Africa, the giraffe is the one I look forward to most of all. I think in part it is because they seem such improbable creatures, like a made-up animal.They have something of the unicorn about them. They also have very expressive faces and gorgeous eyelashes. I remember seeing one a long time ago at the Calgary Zoo and just staring and staring.

3 comments:

Memphis said...

In my last dream there were cops and army guys. What is up with that?

Tai said...

I had a dream I had a pet rhino once.
He was a very reasonable, size, a 'lap rhino' if you will.
A delightful pet.

I hope you see MANY giraffes!

Misty Moonsilver said...

You really like animals eh?