Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Crick in My Neck

Ever wake up and you've just slept in a position that's just plain WRONG, and you wake up and your back or elbow or miscellaneous other body part just curses you for sleeping on it in that PARTICULAR way?

That's my neck today. Bitter and resentful at me for doing this to it.

Luckily I have a co-worker with magic fingers who practiced some of her lovely accupressure on me. She pressed my wrist gently, my forhead, and my neck too of course, and mmmmm, I could feel it feeling much...better...(picture me melting like butter).

But alas it was only a temporary reprieve. Durn it all! Well, maybe a hot bath will do the trick. I'm off to try.

In fact,when you're in a crisis a hot bath can do wonders for many kinds of situations, not just physical ones. Other emergency procedures in my repertoire include drinking multiple cups of hot tea and petting cats.

I do my best and calmest thinking if I have access to these three essentials.

No comments: