Friday, August 05, 2005

Thanks Kim!

We've reserved a spot at the LunaSimone Hotel in London for the four nights we're in London after flying back from Nairobi.

We were having trouble deciding on a place. Everything is freakin' expensive in London, apparently even if it's cramped and bedbug-ridden. We'd settle for a reasonable rate in a reasonable location as long as its fairly decent and clean.

The last two times I was in London I stayed at the very non-picturesque hostel called Ashlee House which is conveniently located within spitting distance of King's Cross but they don't have any available private rooms for that week and we're simply not too keen on the sixteen-bunk dorms that are still open. I think I want to try out a new neighbourhood anyway.

My friend Kim (who was obviously a Londoner in a past life) gave me a few names of places she's looked at or stayed at or been recommended in London and I went down the list and checked them out as well as I could over the internet. (Oh God bless the Internet! What would we do without ye?)

The LunaSimone is not dirt cheap by any means but it looks nice enough and is also recommended in a few guide books I have which mention the words "friendly" and "immaculate". It's also on Belgrave Road near Victoria Station which is an area Jeff's mom is familiar and happy with too. Sold!

So thank you Kim for narrowing the frightening amount of accomodation choices in London down to a bitty list.

No comments: