Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Thwart" is in the Lead!



A little while ago I wrote about my friend Kim entering a Random Highbrow flash-fiction contest online at Grimm Magazine. The story had to be very short (250 words or less) and it had to include a list of ten awkward-to-fit words like "patrimony"and "rapacious"..

Not only did Kim cleverly fit all these obscure words in somehow, but she did them *drumroll please*...in the order that they appeared in the contest instruction word list. (That was entirely optional apparently, but I think it merits a few extra votes just for the headache it must have caused.)

Now the deadline for entering more stories has passed, and there remains only a few more days to vote. And Kim's story is in the lead! :)

She is very excited about this and very hopeful (and very pregnant too, by the way)

I saw her this weekend at the UnChristmas sleepover which was enormously entertaining and involved staying up very late and eating Tai's best Italian home-cooked dinner ever.

Heh heh, in the role of unofficial PR cheerleader I am going to say, if you haven't already, please:

Vote for Thwart

3 comments:

Skye said...

Way to go! I voted.

kimber said...

Thank you, Spider, for your support, and a big thanks to everyone who's voted for Thwart!

(As for that photo... my husband took it a few months ago, and I don't think I'd fit completely into the frame, if he took the same shot now.... ha ha!)

BostonPobble said...

Done and Done! It's a great story! Glad you stopped by over at mine. Come back again. I'll be back here.