Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sleeeeep.....

I went to bed before eight o'clock last night.

And I still need more sleep. I'm afraid my writing may reflect this state.

It's been one of those weekends where I started doing something fun after work Thursday night and I haven't really stopped or been home since then. Well, there was breakfast and another work shift in there somewhere too, but that's what it feels like.

At the same time I've been fighting off a nasty cold by masking the symptoms utterly with Advil and Benadryl and pretending I don't have one. There was just too much planned to let a mere virus dictate. I think this is why I'm feeling a little stepped upon this morning.

There was dance class, a ferry trip to Denman, a full-moon circle with a new group, a ferry ride to Vancouver, visiting with friends, gourmet-grocery shopping at Granville Island, scrumptious dinners, a girls sleep-over party, wig-shopping, more ferry-riding and conversation, and then I am breathlessly knocking on the door of another friend's house back home because there is a going-away party for Mel going on.

Oh, and it was Linda's birthday somewhere in there too. Happy Birthday Linda!

Whew.

I finally wound down last night and had a long hot bath with a book called How to be Famous in Two Weeks or Less . In a nutshell, the book recommends you should get out and party a lot...right, I've done my part. But thank goodness I was drinking mineral water. Time for bed.

At nine o'clock my phone rang and I surfaced out of a deep sleep to have a rambling conversation with a friend who was probably expecting me to be less comatose at that time of the evening. (My usual bed-time being midnight or so.) I don't expect I was my usual sparkling self as I have precious little recall of what we talked about.

I've always had a bad habit of answering telephones in an unconscious state.

Apparently I used to levitate out of bed and travel at the speed of light to answer them. It must have been so because I'd reach them on the first or second ring and our phone used to be in a room far from the bedroom.

Then I would proceed to talk someone's ear off while still in a trance-like REM-state. Poor people.

I once woke up and recalled that I'd had a long talk with a friend from the Prairies I hadn't seen in years...turned out it was actually someone more local, er, my mother-in-law, who just did her best to follow my thought-processes until I hung up. :)

I'll write more about my fabulous weekend as soon as I wake up.

7 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

Ohh I can't wait to hear all about it!
Rest up:)

Skye said...

AHA ha! I fell asleep with the phone to my head and my friend hollered Wanda Hang up"!!!

Heidi said...

Have fun..I hope your rain stops..How depressing. :(

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. Looking forward to some more details. Take care, Meow

Eric said...

It's the Benadryl; it'll knock you right out.

Rest up, drink lots of orange juice, and take care!

nicki said...

sounds like a great weekend! can't wait to hear more about it :)

JM said...

It just might be this winter season. I've been sleeping more lately. No matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up tired.