Friday, December 09, 2005

Red





Ah, it's the staff Christmas potluck party tonight. I'm out the door in about ten minutes.

Me and my samosas-from-the-deli are planning on having a fun time as I work with a wacky and happy bunch. There is usually a hilarious and vicious gift-exchange where we compete wildly for the gifts, stealing them back and forth from one another--we are judging them solely on the wrapping paper and we all usually stick something irresistible on the outside as a lure, just so people will fight over OUR gift. Betcha you didn't know Christmas could be so cut-throat, eh?

I decided to wear my red wig tonight--it suits my mood.

My friend Emily recently borrowed my wig collection for an amateur go-go dancer show she was putting on for a friend's birthday. I have them in blue, pink, and black too.

I'll have to ask how that went. Last I heard she was collecting all things mod and searching desparately for vinyl dresses and white thigh-high boots. Knowing Em, it all came together. But too bad, because I sold a lot of '60s scarves on Ebay last year.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can NEVER go wrong with RED! :D

blackcrag said...

Hey, it looks like the gym is working out for you! Pun intended, naturally. Those arms are looking buff.

Misty Moonsilver said...

I'm sorry but i had to comment.....it's something new but i liked the dark hair better.

Rachel said...

The red wig looks great! I agree with blackcrag, I noticed your arms right off! Sounds like a fun party. I like those where you get to steal the gifts back and forth and all that! Usually the most sought one will be tattered with all the passing around it gets! Hope you had fun, fun, fun!

Mathieu said...

Self portraits have that way of getting your arms buffed.

red is nice. brown/black/dark would be better. :)

Skye said...

Sizzling.....Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Spider:

Good party to you, lady in red...

Spider Walk said...

ood morning Spider Girl!

I love your name ;)
Great post about the party. I hope you had fun and walked away with a nice treasure..lol@you all fighting over the prettiest ones...sounds like something my friends and I would do.
You looked great too, I would have never guessed that was a wig.

Thanks for the comments on my blog..how on earth did you find me?

Happy Weaving,
Spider Walk

Skye said...

How'd it go ? I stayed up all night to hear about the party! giggling))))

nicki said...

hope you had fun at the party! the wig looks great!!!! so much fun!!

Valkyrie said...

The wig flatters your face. You look great!

Wriju said...

Goes well with the spidery red and black socks I had once seen on your blog!

Anonymous said...

I've been forced to aprticiape in a secret Santa program and I think I will get the guy things he needs like: tweezers for his uni-brow and some extra strength breath mints.

ROR said...

HOT!!!!

Earl Flournoy said...

That's blazin'! Hmm, I'm not sure if any of my wife's Beverly Johnson wigs are red, but I'm certain that she wears them according to the occasion. When she goes to formal affairs, since she has to be courteous, she usually wears a straight wig. When she's out for a girl's night, she wears the one with flirty curls. And when she's at home, she wears a wavy wig because she knows I like it.