Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Lingerie and Silliness



There are a lot of holiday parties for me to attend this season, but probably only one where I had the opportunity to purchase barely-there underwear, body-paint, and "adult novelty" items which buzzed or whirred like tiny motorbikes as they were passed around a circle of giggling women.

There were all sorts of fascinating conversations going on:

"What IS this?"
"Hey, power-tools are NOT just for men!"
"This one looks like a sea anenome, don't you think?"
"Ummmmmm....no."
"A close friend of mine (ahem) told me that..."

We had sampled the massage oil on our hands too, and things kept unexpectedly squirting out of our hands from the slipperiness and flying through the air. It was very silly, but it was a very fun group of people.

We tried to convince one friend to purchase the animal underwear for her husband (horsie, crocodile, or elephant varieties) as he is forever buying her piles of scratchy and uncomfortable lingerie when all she wants are cozy flannel pyjamas, and it would be appropriate pay-back. She wouldn't, on the grounds that they looked too much like a puppet and she'd be laughing too hard for anything to actually happen in the bedroom.

The lady from the "romance shop" said that one of their hottest-selling items is a portable pole for home pole-dancing. It would have to portable, I thought to myself, although if you had a permanent one installed in your bedroom it might make an interesting selling-feature of your home when it went on the market...

17 comments:

Skye said...

Sounds like you ladies had ablast!

Heather said...

Fuckerware parties are fun aren't they? - if you don't take em too seriously. The one I went to had a couple of hard core users there and they kinda creeped me out. Still it was a good time!

Mathieu said...

sounds like fun.

Though I'm not quite sure about the pole in the bedroom thing. Sends one hell of a message, don't it?

What do you tell your kids?
Oh, kids, this is a support for the house.

hehe

JM said...

A portable pole? Kinda kinky and maybe dangerous if you ask me. But fun none-the-less.

Pol* said...

I designed a Chocoate Bar wrapper for the pole dancing teacher!!!! That's so funny!

Anonymous said...

You tell the kids it's a fireman pole, but you just haven't gotten around to cutting a hole in the floor yet!
:D

nicki said...

hahaha those parties are hilarious!!

Tai said...

I just don't know WHAT to say.

Oreen said...

ha ha, reminded me of the time when my wife and i accidentally squirted some cream in a Salzburg shop . . . while our little son was badgering us to buy him a green, slithery snake . . .

maybe i shd post up some photos on my blog . . .

Josh said...

How fun, the parties I get invited to want to sell me pre-made food and makeup. Maybe the stripper pole could double as a Festivus pole.

Anonymous said...

a friend told me...

heheh!

It was a great evening! Too many laughs.

SV said...

Hi, Canadian friend!

Here from Brasil... I got yr blog from Santa´s Blog.
I liked a lot, maybe because I love Canada, that I visited on 1993 (Montréal).
I invite U to visit my blog. there is some posts in English.
See www.silviovasconcellos.blogspot.com
and
www.contoseencontros.blogspot.com

C U there!

Grant said...

Do they actually make many sales at those parties, or just provide a lot of laughs?

The Miner said...

Great !

Spider Girl said...

Yes, Grant, a lot of hilarity ensued as people made purchases.

Enough was sold so that the hostess could pick out $75 worth of free stuff, which she had difficulty doing without blushing as the whole room was "helping" her make her decision.

x said...

and you could have that pole and dance to that White Stripes song that Kate Moss is pole dancing to in the video
"I just don't know what to do with myself" (it seems like you do know)
:)

Stephanie said...

Those things are so fun! I've hostessed one using a really fabulous store here in Boston (or, Brookline, rather.) I got crazy gifts too.

I thought the funniest thing was meeting up with the menfolk after. I know what you're doing later ;)