Monday, December 19, 2005

5 Random Facts Most People Don't Know About Me




Heh, I've been tagged by mysteriousinblue, and how can I complain after hinting in my last post that *wah* nobody's ever "tagged" me?

Well, in fact, I DO want to play. Now I just have to figure out who I want to tag....

Okay, five random little-known facts about me:

1) My fingers are very flexible. I can do the Naa-Noo Naa-Nooo sign like Mork. Remember "Mork & Mindy"?. I can bend the first joint of every finger down all at once or indiviually. I can pretend to shoot one of my fingers off and make the top half disappear, or pretend to tie an invisible string around a finger and pull it back and forth. I owe it all to my dad who encouraged me to practice. Oh, and probably some trigger-finger genetics from my mom.

2)I was terrified to get my ears pierced and procrastinated until I was sixteen when my friend Tai dragged me to a salon and stood over me until the deed was done. Yes, I'm allergic to unnecessary pain, so tattoos are right out.

3)As a teenager I had a powerful crush on Howling Mad Murdock from the TV show "The A-Team".

4)I was so proud that I ate a worm pancake in grade four. A visiting scientist was talking about how people around the world ate different things like bugs and worms. I was the only one who would try the worms. I've always been a little proud of my gross-out factor. I want to be the girl who's not scared of anything that crawls or slimes. But secretly I HAVE been grossed out and just pretended I wasn't.

5)I can recite the poem "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll by heart. You know, "'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe......"

Yeah, beware that Jubjub bird and all that. I love that poem.

Still thinking about who I'll tag. :)

7 comments:

Skye said...

Worm pancakes???

Mz.Elle said...

Ewww,a worm pancake.Yuck,ick blech.
I'm still freaking impressed that you ate it!

Hee,I love your finger tricks:)

Anonymous said...

Freaky coincidence, because i got my ear pierced when I was 16. I thought it was cool for about 1 montha nd now I'm stuck with this hole in my damn lobe. LOL

PBS said...

Sounds like Fear Factor, maybe you could win some money! I couldn't eat anything with worms in it, gag gag just thinking about it.

I was even older than you when I had my ears pierced, did it myself and just about fainted! It was pretty funny (later, of course, not at the time)

Admin said...

There is a short story by Ethel Wilson called "Beware the Jabberwock, My Son". It's an EXCELLENT story.

blackcrag said...

I remember a story I read as a kid about a dare between three or four boys involving a worm diet.

I've thought about it, and I can only say that crush on Howlin' Mad Murdock must have been leftover indigestion from the worm pancake.

Mathieu said...

:)

Monk and mindy. Nice.

I can do that too!

Got earpierced too. Have a hole there to show it. And a tatoo.
WOOT!

And worms? UGH