Saturday, December 31, 2005

Eyes Glazed Over



Okay, I need to turn off my computer. I spent the WHOLE evening in front of it slaying monsters with my pixelated sword.

There is a superstition that says whatever you spend New Year's Eve doing you will sure to be spending a lot of time doing it in the New Year to come.

Hmmm...that would mean that most of us would drink and carouse our way through 2006 if this were accurate..

Even so, just in case, I need to make sure I don't go near World of Warcraft tomorrow evening. It's way too fun, way too addictive. (You know what I mean, right Kim?)

In this game tonight, a group of online friends plus my husband Jeff (sadly we have HIS and HERS side-by-side computers) had a lovely adventure in some underground caverns killing giant boulder-creatures and oozing slimes, and looting all sorts of gold and treasure.

And I didn't even die once! Ah, death! The ultimate computer-game inconvenience!

Anyway, NO MORE PLAYING for a while!

*Spider Girl strives not to cross her fingers when she makes this resolution*

I had a dream about a dragon from this game a few nights ago--a big mean dragon that snuck up on me, frightening me out of my wits and chasing me across a dream landscape of desert and rock, breathing fire at me and making me scream like a little warrior-girl.

Sigh, yes, definitely no more video games for me for a while....

(By the way, I started this post late at night on December 30th...it's not New Year's Eve day YET...)

6 comments:

x said...

World of Warcraft sounds amazing. I might miss New Year's Eve now.

Heidi said...

I do not even want to get started..I have enough addictions..lol

Happy New year! Health and Happiness in 2006!~

Eric said...

You're having dreams about the games you play? This is not a good sign for you.

Crystal said...

Your blog is amazing, I've being digging through the archives these last few days and the September posts are especially riveting! I am ADDICTED to everything travel-related and you provide fantastic commentary and pictures on East Africa, I would love to take a safari and it was great going along for the ride as you describe your experience. That black-henna poisoning scare was AWFUL, oh I'd be so mad and the picture of your arm was pretty horrifying. Take Care and Happy New Year!!!

Spider Walk said...

I so hope you're wrong about the whole "How you spend New Years" thing. I have been seriously illing here today,and only climbed out of bed to make snackies for the kids, check blogs, email, and then another dose of Nyquil...I am a party pooper today :(

It is so cool that you and your husband share an addiction to the internet...lol!

Happy New Year sweetie...

Skye said...

Happy New Year! I didn't know hippo's gigg[ed.