Sunday, July 10, 2005

Three Dreams

I've noticed lately that if I don't immediately tell someone my dreams aloud right after I wake up they disappear like smoke.

It never used to be that way when I kept a regular dream diary. When I was thirteen I could go on for pages about them, and sometimes I'd be mulling images from my sleep months after a particular dream.

Here are three dreams from this week:

One night I dreamed that I secretly joined the military. And then I surreptitiously joined a religious choir. But I still kept my day job and everything else in my life was the same. I ran around in a totally exhausted state. I found out that I really sucked at all military training exercises and, oh yeah, I couldn't sing hymns worth beans either.

The next night I dreamed that I was an environmental activist who was really steamed because some company was going to log EVERY SINGLE TREE around Cumberland. Boy, was I mad. I was talking to a politician who endorsed this policy and I whipped out a ball-point pen and stabbed him through the hand with it. Naturally I am charged with assault, but my lawyer advises me to plead to something lesser. The only catch is, with the lesser charge, I have to spend every single holiday like Christmas and Valentine's Day in a jail in Alberta. It's the thought of having to drive myself back and forth from Alberta which really has me shivering with dread.

The third night I am a journalist interviewing the people who have "inspired" celebrities. I meet the mild-mannered if slightly morbid Binks family, the REAL people behind the fascinating Morticia and Gomez Addams. the Binks are nice but sort of boring. And then I interview the REAL MacGyver. Trouble is, I'm an awfully awkward reporter who stammers out questions like: "So, er....what does it feel like to be the "real" MacGyver?" And the guy replies. "It's okay I guess". Gosh, I can really feel my journalistic career taking off....

Ya know, I think it's about time I dream I win the lottery or a prize or something. :)

No comments: