Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Trolls I Have Seen this Weekend


Here I embrace my inner geek and present this picture of myself as Zalli the Troll, my World of Warcraft character.

She has red eyes, big red hair, and blue-green skin. In Azeroth, it's quite a fetching combination. Don'tcha think?

I spent a good part of the weekend at the local Filberg Festival and happened to run into some other kinds of trolls there.

They had rather larger noses than the trolls I fancy and were lumpier in general. Also, the trolls in WoW tend to carry a honkin' big weapon of some description and these trolls tended more to carrying parasols and playing the bodhran drum.

Hmmm...actually much more up my alley in some respects! :)

When these trolls walked by some children crumpled their little faces in distress and bawled.

But not our Zoe!

Nope, Zoe the Baby got a good hold of one of their noses and didn't want to let go.

*Spider Girl experiences a little surge of vicarious pride through her friend Kim's brave daughter*

Other potentially frightening things for children at the Filberg this weekend: marionettes that look like the musicians from KISS and AC/DC .

I also saw some Yoda puppets and two little kids duking it out with Darth Vader marionettes. They were shrieking "Die! Die!"

I'm guessing the trolls woudn't faze those youngsters one little bit.

15 comments:

Pol* said...

That is GREAT about Zoe and the trolls! I'd like to have seen the Yoda puppet too.

Tai said...

Yeah Zoe!

Tai said...

(Acutally, you look kinda cute in blue!)

kimber said...

I think you look quite dashing in troll form -- and yay, Zoe, my brave baby!!!! X) What a great weekend!

Mike said...

I never knew there were so many trolls out west :)

Josh said...

Your eyes in that pic are sort of freaky. yikes! ;)

Love that Kiss one. I can invision the whole band playing together again.

blackcrag said...

I see the Filberg Festival gets more eclectic every year.

I like the trolls. Why would nayone be afraid of them?

Mz.Elle said...

You make a very pretty troll:)

Heather said...

Filberg Festival was always one of my favorite Valley summer events. I missed it this year :(

Glad to see you had fun!

Dagoth said...

Hi Zalli

Thats quite a lovely shade of blue-green you are sporting there. It sounds like that place "rocks" when the trolls come down from their mountain homes...

Zambo said...

Hey Spider Girl!

Glad to hear of little Zoe's bravery!

You make a fine-looking troll by the way! (I never thought I'd be saying that to a lady...Well maybe Rhea Perlman. Sorry Rhea)...

Any event where the children can be heard shrieking "Die! Die!" sounds good to me!

Take care out there, Spider Girl!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

Tai said...

(did you notice how I spelt actually in my last post?)

It wasn't on purpose. I'm not stuipd you know.

x said...

Zoe is lovely. Look at that little hand. you are so lucky to have a troll themed festival!

Phil said...

My older son loves World of Warcraft. Great picture you have. That's great your daughter isn't afraid of trolls, the world is full of them :-)

Tim Rice said...

Oh, this looks like it would have been fun to see!