Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Chocolate Buddha and the Real Easter Bunny



This is the closest I got to finding chocolate Easter eggs this past week...big coloured rocks in the forest. :)

Oh, wait! I did have a chocolate: a yummy organic ginger chocolate too! Of course, it was shaped like a Buddha and not a bunny, but it was fabulous nonetheless.

And now I shall tell you a happy memory of mine...

It was very late the night before Easter about two or three years ago...

I was driving back from a friend's house and the road in front of me was bathed in bright moonlight. For some reason I slowed the car; a movement must have caught my eye.

And then I saw the most enormous white rabbit I've ever seen! He loped lazily into the centre of the road and hopped nonchalantly down the yellow line in front of me.

Then he sat up on his hind legs for a moment and seemed to look around at me before hopping on again. He was so big .

I drove slowly following him and he zigged and zagged a few times before hopping slowly to the safety of the trees by the roadside. Then I lost sight of him among the undergrowth.

I've never seen a bunny that large before or since, and the timing was so serendipitous that I smiled all the way home. Ever feel like a kid again?

I think I may have seen the Easter Bunny. :)

15 comments:

Tenacious T said...

Mmmmm....Chocolate Buddha.
I love feeling like a kid again, and I'm sure that WAS the Easter Bunny! :)

Tai said...

Oh, that's wonderful!!

Grant said...

BLASPHEMY! The Easter bunny is brown. I saw him as a child. Actually, it was my mother playing with my head. She had a hand puppet and held it up to the window until I noticed. She hid the puppet before I could run inside and pretended not to know what I was babbling about.

Niels said...

The Easter Bunny is, in fact, one of the only holiday character based upon a real experience; The original rabbit also hopped trough the yard, laying about "chocolate" "eggs".

Pol* said...

FANTASTIC!

Wonderful!

Whimsical and fun! I love that memory, thanks for sharing.

Mz.Elle said...

You are so lucky!

nicki said...

that is such a great memory!! thanks for sharing spider :) it made me smile too!! :)

Dagoth said...

hmmm...Huge eggs in the woods...huge white rabbit...coincidence...I think not...had to be the Easter Bunny...

Dagoth said...

HEY wait a second. I'm a buddhist...YOU ATE BUDDHA...eat the easter bunny dammit...;-)

Outdoorsy Girl said...

Cool...you saw the Easter Bunny!:)

kimber said...

Wheresoever, Spider, did you find a chocolate buddha?

Mathieu said...

Big smile here.

Have a good day.

Jade L Blackwater said...

That ROCKS SpiderGirl!

Spider Girl said...

Denman Island is the home of chocolate Buddhas, Kim. Mmmm, good. :)

Frances D said...

Beautiful rocks and I believe you did see that elusive Easter Bunny.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Waving at you from New York