Thursday, June 30, 2005

You care, you really care :)

Well, I'm back at work now and back to the blog too it seems too. Dreadful sorry, gentle readers, for causing any concern from my last blog entry. Though my arm is still sore and swollen, it seems it's not the Black Death or anything half that interesting. (Er, actually I'm rather glad.)

It IS awfully nice to know you care though. (Ahem, this is mostly directed at you Kim. You are awfully sweet.)

I am soon going to be hanging a painting by Kim Bannerman in my house and I'm very pleased about that (unabashed artistic plug). I first saw it last Saturday, out at the Cumberland Talent Festival. It is the Tower from the Tarot, a glowering edifice in stark black and white, roiling with mysterious clouds and foreboding. (She even used a special TOP-SECRET technique *cough mold cough* to create it. It's a striking piece by a talented artist and now I just have to decide where to hang it.

You see, the Tower is really one of those cards you don't want to see in your Tarot spread.

Some folks get all antsy when scythe-bearing skeletons or demons turn up in their cards. But Death is not always what it seems. It could refer to a great change of direction or purpose, the death of something old and unwanted in your life. The Devil too, is often only a signpost or a warning of greed or bondage to bad ideas and influences.

But the Tower. That's the real bad-ass card. Doom. Destruction. Upset. Doesn't matter if you're the King of England, you're going to see trouble when you get this card.

Mind you, I won't actually say this in quite this way if I'm doing a reading for a friend. It's impolitic, and why ruin their weekend? But it does beg the question: where do I hang this art piece?

Not in the kitchen. My cooking is upsetting enough already. Not in the bedroom--kills the mood.
Guest room? Naw, it sends the wrong message to houseguests.

I think I've narrowed it down to either the Library because its creative and beautiful and would look fabulous on the wall there....OR the computer room because that's where we play World of Warcraft and it would fit the mood when I am Zalli the Troll bent on mayhem. Also, there is a good place for it.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I quite like the idea of it hanging where Zalli the Troll can see it; seems perfectly fitting. Your blog brought to mind the realization that I don't think I've ever actually experienced your cooking.

Except for those long-ago catfood sandwiches, but they don't count.