Friday, June 17, 2005

Hello,
Well, my dear writing friends, you have inspired me to start a blog. I have jumped out of the journal-writing habit for a little while now, but its time to jump back in.

This week, laid low by an explosive appendix and an unexpected hospital stay, it feels like just the right time to start a new journal.Nothing like a call to the emergency room to make you feel like a mere mortal. If you are still feeling immortal, dearies, cherish that lovely fuzzy feeling.

Then again, there is a bright side to all the unpleasantness."Trust you, sweetie, to arrange a reading holiday!" said one of my co-workers, bringing me a stack of novels to my bedside. That's it! A reading holiday! It was all a cunning plan......

I have baskets of good books to read, and time to read them now that I'm home. Time to get all sorts of non-manual sorts of things done. I could paint. I could draw. I could play World of Warcraft. I could write. Curiously, no urge whatsoever to catch up on housework. :)

2 comments:

Tai said...

A PAX on housework...dodgy appendix or not!

Cheers to a new bloggy!

:)

Spider Girl said...

Why thank you, m'dear. :)