Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ugh...more medical drama

Bloody hell....

I'm not best pleased with the latest development. I've had a sore swollen hand for the last day or two, but what with Jen's wedding (and it was lots of fun) and all I was kind of thinking it was some sort of allergy reaction to sunscreen or something. sort of ignoring it and taking Benadryl.

Then it started creeping up my arm and it was aching like crazy. So I went to the drop-in clinic this evening and the doctor there said it looked like I've got something called lymphangitis, a kind of blood poisoning.

"But it's not really your blood", she reassured me, it's actually lymph nodes leaking fluid and that's why it hurts, said fluid not really supposed to be leaking all around. She prescribed yet more antibiotics. Sigh. It's probably from where they had the I.V. in my hand in the hospital because it swelled up a bit then too.

I need to go see my family doctor tomorrow. I'm hoping he says it's actually an allergy to sunscreen. I'd really like my knuckles back, thank you.

No comments: