Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I do so love getting invited to parties!

Well, my friend Susan has sent me an invitation to her annual "Outrageous Ladies Tea-Party" and of course I'll be there if I can.
Any party where you are invited to dress INAPPROPRIATELY and drink gin and tonic from an antique silver tea set "from 3 o'clock on" is quite alright with me.

Last year we ended up stumbling all over the lawn playing croquet, shouting bawdily and some of us in our lingerie. It was great fun.

As it was also near Susan's birthday, I did a special reprise of my bellydance to Loreena McKennitt's "Marco Polo" for her and wore my beaded Egyptian headdress for the occasion.

Although not mandatory, the invitation encourages each guest to share something entertaining like a joke or story or performance. I'll have to think of something. It won't be a bellydance I'm sure this time.

Also, this year men are invited. The stipulation is that they have to come in drag. I'll run the idea by Jeff but I'm almost positive he won't leap at the chance.

No comments: