Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy

I'm so happy about something I've just heard today.

And I'm just bursting to tell the news, but I guess I have to wait until the person (people) involved shares the news first.

Yes, I'm in a state of happy frustration.....

So instead of telling you what's up, I'm going to post this picture of a bride and groom I saw in Rome. I think it tells a story, but I'll never truly know what it is.

They were young, elegant, obviously very much in love, and smooching in front of a panini, pizza & gelato stand.

Why were they getting their wedding photography done here? Did they own the stand? Was this the stand where they shared a slice of pizza on their first date? Did they have an insatial craving for gelato as soon as they spoke their vows?

I don't know.

But it begs the question...do the people I'm so happy for today have a craving for gelato too?

8 comments:

Tai said...

Whatshisface says he's always liked gelato...but I don't forsee a smooch in front of a pizza stand.
I mean, we don't even HAVE pizza stands in BC!
...maybe a hot dog stand...

Hermes said...

Yay! We're in the loop, Spider and very excited. For them, We'll build a pizza stand! Great photo.

kimber said...

Happy happy! Congratulations to the smoochy couple (both in Roma and locally) and many wishes for joyful adventures together!

Hageltoast said...

gorgeous picture.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for planting enough clues that I can take a guess and not have to pace all night, trying to figure it out!

Pol* said...

sigh..... mi ti amo molto molto, buenno bellisomo.... okay I'm sure I have that all wrong but the sentiment is clear...maybe.

blackcrag said...

Spider, you are horrible at keeping secrets. You give clues as wide as a lorry.

But, since a certain someone hasn't made it public a certain other place, or in certain other ways... I'll offer my congrats and best wishes discreetly here.

Congrats, certain someone!

The Egg said...

Lovely picture and story. Best wishes!