Thursday, September 14, 2006

Chalk and Charcoal Effect


Life just looks better with the Chalk and Charcoal effect...

I was going through my bazillions of photos on the computer deleting a few tonight.

I almost deleted this one of myself at the Bug Zoo because it was horribly blurry and my eyes were glowing red.

And yet...and yet...in it I am holding some exotic species of enormous leaf-hopper and there just aren't that many photos of me out there with such a handsome bug, so I fiddled around with the effects on Photo Editor..and now I rather like it.

I wish you could tweak life a little like that sometimes.

Theoretically, then anyone could wake up, bleary-eyed, much the worse for wear after a night of mayhem and debauchery, and, after wobbling unsteadily to the mirror, smile and say "I think today calls for a little chalk and charcoal effect!"

11 comments:

ZooooM said...

I like it too. Is there a filter we can put on spiders so they don't make me scream like a sissy girl when I see them? I don't mind looking like I had a rough nite. I do mind spiders.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I think I'm more often in need of the Blend and/or Blur tool. Good for blemishes, dark circles under the eyes, and cellulite.

Spin_Doc1 said...

Oh that is just wrong! It just makes my skin crawl looking at that picture, and it might make you look better but it makes the bug look even buggier! Note; I am aware that buggier might not be a word.

nicki said...

that looks cool...:) i love editing photos :)

Anonymous said...

Today, undoing the Gaussian blur thing over my eyes seems necessary.

Tai said...

Hooray! Mayhem and debauchery!!

Great picture...love that effect.

Anonymous said...

Insects are so cool.
So is photoshop.

-Poly Beta

Tim Rice said...

Ah, don't we wish it be that easy to change how we look as it is to change how a picture looks!

kimber said...

today is a chalk'n'charcoal day. merf.

Mike said...

I think life would be fun with a Dali button :)

Pol* said...

excellent use of filters!
They need to make glasses that do that.