Monday, June 01, 2009

Birdsong and Massage


I'm feeling blissed out and serene right now, freshly back from a massage at my friend/co-worker's little studio.

The little cottage backs onto the forest, and as I lay there, so relaxed I was practically in liquid form, two deer walked right by the open window. Birdsong poured in, a duet with the soft Asian music playing.

I've been meaning to treat myself to this for a while now. It's funny how you can vow to make time for yourself, just yourself, and then somehow the months go by and making time to luxuriate is forgetfully pushed to the bottom of the list.

Mmmmm. Do not forget again.

2 comments:

Hermes said...

In such a situation, I try to lose conscious thought and be all Tao and stuff. But invariably, I think something like: "What is going through the deer's mind when he looks into that window?"
"WTF" must be standard phrasology for deer used to humans.

jennesoncreatives said...

what a peaceful looking spot!
you are a lucky lady