1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
Tai (otherwise known as Myscheef, second from right in this picture.). She was jumping up and down on Andanar's head in Stormwind Keep, laughing manaically and pretending to perform CPR. Another player commented that this was truly a Kodak moment. I think you had to be in the video game we were playing. Trust me.
2. What were you doing at 0800?
Squeezing in some reading before I started work.
I'm reading a book called Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm enjoying it immensely. It's about a woman who takes a year off to find herself and spends it in Italy (seeking pleasure), in India (seeking spirituality), and in Indonesia (trying to put both those things together).
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Drinking tea and downloading photos.
4. What happened to you in 2006?
I had to think about this for a few minutes because 2006 was not a year where I could say "Oh, that's the year I went on safari in Africa" (2005) or "That's the year I went to Italy (this year), etc.
The year 2006 was sadly travel-free. However, I did still manage to be a tourist in my own neck of the woods.
I went to the amazing Bodyworlds exhibit, visited the Bug Zoo , went on garden tours, sang along at a Spirit of the West concert, imbibed Shakespeare at Bard on the Beach , saw the musicals Cats and Urinetown and the ballet Amadeus, and saw a Chinese dragon parade.
On a more personal level I attended a peace rally, danced in a bellydance show, bought a new car, painted my kitchen, went to a Full Moon pajama party (or two), saw my brother get married, and moonlighted for a while as the cleaner at a dentist office after hours in addition to my full-time preschool teaching job and my part-time gardening/flea-market gigs.
Yep, 2006 was a busy one.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"Bah! Murlocs!" (Er, I'm sure there's no explanation needed...)
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Two coffees and some tea.
It really depends how many more cups of tea I throw back before I go to sleep.
7. What color is your hairbrush?
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Big beautiful butterfly earrings for my pen-pal Ritika. Jeff's mom is leaving for India/Nepal this weekend and I thought I'd send along a little gift with her because I know she'll be visiting her while she's in Kathmandu.
9.Where were you last night? Home playing video games.
10. What color is your front door? Brown like the wood it is, with a pewter door-knocker in the shape of a cat's head.
11. Where do you keep your change?
In my future.
12. What’s the weather like today?
Frosty, chilly, hung with clouds--the kind of weather that finds you contemplating the purchase of woolly eighties-style leg-warmers.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
Chocolate-chip mint. Unless you're talking gelato and then it would be a toss-up between limone and frutta di bosca.
14. What excites you?
Buying a ticket to somewhere far from home and knowing that soon I will be there. It's an addictive feeling, this travel-bug.
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Depends on how it's behaving. I was just admiring my pony-tail a few days ago and today I'm pulling at the tangles in impatience and fiercely contemplating going back to the days of the chin-length bob.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Happily, yes.
17. Do you talk a lot?
Does a duck like water? Does the Pope wear a tall hat?
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
Instead of confessing my ignorance on what exactly this might be, I'm going to say warily....noooooo.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
He looks a little bit like Harry Potter, has whirlwind energy, and keeps my friend Pol constantly busy.
20. Do you make up your own words? "Hista kea!" (Well, at least one or two people reading this blog might remember that....)
It's not words I make up so much as that I have creative spoken grammar.
21. Are you a jealous person?
Not unless you've stolen my cookie. Then I might be.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Ara! (Who I might actually get to see this weekend!)
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kim! (who tagged me with this meme)
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? Er......what?
25. What does the last text message you received say? I'll let you know if I ever receive one. Doesn't seem likely though.
Do you chew your straw?
Absolutely not! Bleah! Plastic is so bad for you!
27. Do you have curly hair? My hair is as flat as Saskatchewan.
28.Where’s the next place you’re going to go?
If all the stars and signs fall into place, Jeff and I will be going to India and Nepal next winter, probably in November as we're really keen to avoid anything resembling monsoon season.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Fortunately I had to think very hard about this before venturing, "Telemarketers?"
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Mexican food at the new restaurant in town. I fell in love with their pottery serving dishes.
31. Will you get married in the future?
I am so so married already, my dears. :)
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
Y'know, I haven't actually watched any movies lately. Not one. Unless you count YouTube clips.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? I love you all. Well, mostly. :)
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? This afternoon. I came home from work vowing to get three annoying tasks out of the way and that was one of them.
35. Are you currently depressed? Nope. Feeling quite mellow and at peace with the universe actually.
Much better than oh, say, yesterday afternoon. I'm generally on a pretty even keel emotionally. But now and then small storms sail through (on this occasion at work) and fortunately I'm able to stand up and say what needs to be said in a calm, cool manner (outwardly).
36. Did you cry today?Nope, all yesterday's issues have been ironed out so no need to let out all my righteous indignation.
37. Why did you answer and post this? Because Kim tagged me. (And I was avoiding my real homework!)